In simple terms, influencer marketing can be defined as “the process of promoting and selling products or services through people (influencers) who have the capacity to have an effect on the character or brand.”
Take Amazon, for example, how many times have you searched for a product and immediately looked at the customer reviews to ensure you are getting the best option for the product you are wanting to purchase? To take it one step further, how many times have you gone to the “Top Customer Reviews” which are ranked according to the number of users that found that review useful (i.e. influential)?
Recently,influencer marketing has picked up the hike in market and has been the important aspect for any buisness. Infact,engaging with social media influencers is considerd to be a top marketing trends in market.
Why is it important?
the power of social media, and the ability for people with a smart phone and internet connection to drive out viral content, those that post the most interesting content are rising to the top of influencers.People trust are more with the influencers than the reviews or feedbacks of normal people this means the chances of the product will definetly rise. so too are the best practices involved with working with influencers and running an influencer campaign.
How to get started with INFLUENCER MARKETING?
Getting started with influencer marketing will take a little bit of research and patience, but here are a few steps you can consider :
- Establish your goals you want to achieve like brand awareness,lead or customer support etc.
- Research your buyers and determine what marketing channels your audience spends most of their time on.
- Identify the influencers and where do they attract the most with their audience.
- Build a relationship with targeted influencers by providing thoughtful, relevant content as well as connecting with them on different social sites.
- Think about the incentives you want to provide if an influencer agrees to give a shout out to your product/service .
- Measure results against goals and look for areas you can improve on.